The Real Problem with Soy
Soy has become the new bumper crop for the United States. Companies like Monsanto, Cargill and Soylife are getting very wealthy spewing the so-called health benefits of Soy and Soy based products on an unsuspecting and uninformed American public. Soy in being ingesting at an increasing rate and seems that there is no limit to how many processed products contain this supposed health food. The facts on the other hand tell a different story.
Some of the apparent “health” benefits of Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products:
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products are high in phytic acids which results in low absorption of certain minerals and vitamins.
- The level of phytoestrogen is high in soy milk, which decreases the testesterone present in the male body. It also affects the production of sperms. Phytoestrogen also leads to early puberty and early developments of adolescents. These are a few of the soy milk dangers for men.
- In females, soy milk can lead to abnormalities in the reproductive tract, which can give rise to infertility. These soy milk dangers for women should be taken care of, or else, they can become intense.
- Isoflavones present in Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products cause diseases like leukemia and breast cancer.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products can also cause thyroid disorders like hypothyroidism and thyroid cancer. People who consume soy milk very often can suffer from autoimmune thyroid disease.
- The presence of toxic aluminum in soy milk can also affect the nervous system and the kidneys in a negative way.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products can also contribute to endometrial cancer in women.
- In some cases, it is also causes dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, colitis and may increase or decrease the pulse rate.
- Very often, soy milk causes runny nose and nasal congestion.
- Some of the Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based product dangers for children are learning disorders, attention deficit disorder, dyslexia, etc. It can also cause pancreatic and growth related problems.
- At times, the amount of manganese present in soy milk is large enough to cause damage to the cortex.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products can also develop allergies like congestion, coughing, sneezing, etc. in some people.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products also contributes to skin problems like sudden and severe eczema, acne, blisters, canker sores, swelling and hives.
- In severe cases, it can also cause a problem in swallowing and can also cause anaphylactic shock.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products can also affect the energy levels and sleep.
- The protein enzyme inhibitors present in Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based products, block the action of trypsin and enzymes which are required for protein digestion.
- In some cases, it can give rise to chronic pain. Mostly, people suffering from asthma are prone to these kind of disorders.
- If soy milk is consumed in large amounts, it can lead to stomach and digestive problems.
- Soy, Soy Milk and Soy based product estrogen is harmful for babies.
Any one of these “health” benefits would make me run away from Soy… which I did.
Take a listen to my commentary on Soy and it’s real dangers:
Click on the audio file below: